Thursday, May 26, 2011

RESTORAN JETI, KUALA SELANGOR


Driving 1.5 hour to the borders of Selangor for seafood? That’s what being a Hungry Traveler is all about! With so many friends of mine raving about the seafood at Kuala Selangor, I thought it’s time the expert step in to judge with my very mouth what the fuss is all about. Of course after dinner, we went for some firefly viewing by the river (darn you mosquitos!)…








Steamed Fish
I was never good with fishes (one you’ve tasted one, you’ve tasted them all). Again, your magnanimous Hungry One is sadly mistaken. I ordered a Sour Spicy fish that is succulent and juicy, and pull out a piece and you’ll have the fragrant sauce wafting towards you nasal senses.



Mantis Prawn 1
Ok, for a person who places Mantis Prawns in the category of Road Hogs and men who leave the toilet seat up (ie. I hate them), I was weak in determination when my troupe persuaded me to try two types of Mantis Prawn that they swore will convert me. This one, not bad, really. Not much of a taste, but the slight spiciness is enough. The prawn was first fried to crisp then stir-fried in sauce, giving it a crunchy yet soft taste. I may like this.


Mantis Prawn 2
Time for the second experiment! It comes in a suspicious yellow mustard color, which I was told is basically milk and butter. Hmm, not a good concoction with prawns, but oh well! At first bite, my mouth exploded with flavor with this new-found butter milk mixture. It’s delicious, appetizing and definitely has you craving for more. I was initially worried about the abundance of sauce deeming the prawns soggy, but no worries! They’re pretty crispy and still awesome!


Oyster
When they told me it is oyster, I argued and said it is pancake! It’s basically oyster mixed in flour batter and fried to a circular round, and it’s perfectly balanced. The original taste of oyster is brought out even through the batter without being too over-powering.


Signature Tofu
Mmm…tofu lovers, this is for you. Their chef’s home made tofu is tasty and full of flavor, and absolutely mouth-melting. Breaded and fried, and when hot, dip it into tartar sauce and it’s the perfect side dish by itself. Some were a little over-fried, but it’s still fine (adds a little home feel to it…sorry mom).


Conclusion
It took 1.5 hours to get there in the dark unlit roads, but seafood lovers will love the trip, and for me, it’s totally worth it! I didn’t get to eat any crab this time (they ran out) but there will always be another time! Till then, Restoran Jeti, wait for me, my love!

No comments:

Post a Comment