With all these attempted rape/kidnap cases increasingly happening recently, we at MYC! would like to greatly stress on the importance of taking precaution measures, especially for you girls out there! This issue has come to our attention by how quick wit can actually save your life. All the single ladies, listen close!
1. As always, try to avoid having to walk alone in the car park, be it the basement or roof top car park. It’s still quiet and a very popular spot for crime. Get a security guard close by to accompany you or hire a personal hunky escort! Better broke than dead! :)
2. If you suspect the stranger in the elevator with you reeks of criminal pheromones, turn to him, look him in the face and ask for the time or talk about the weather. He will most likely, knowing that you have seen and recognize his face, drop the idea of harassing you or just think you’re weird. Better to look silly than dead!
3. Let’s say you were taken off guard and the criminal has a gun or weapon but is at a safe distance, throw your handbag in the opposite direction and run in a zigzag pattern as if you’re being chased by a crocodile. He will most likely go for your belongings. Don’t worry; you can always buy another smartphone or that expensive Chanel handbag again! But not your life!
4. What we have learned in that recent case at the Curve, always, ALWAYS, put up a fight. Elbows and knees may come in handy. Or if you have weak bones, bite the guy! RAWR! You have the right to mutilate the attacker because this is for self-defense. If you make it difficult for them to apprehend you, they are likely to let you go because they want an easy target. Go crazy and do whatever you can to get everyone’s attention. Again, better to look silly than dead!
5. It’s okay to lie to your captors. In worst case scenarios, you have been caught and it’s you they want. Tell them that you will be good and will not scream if they let you sit in a position where you can escape. Lie or Die!
6. Never leave your food and drinks unattended. It takes less than a second for someone to spike your stuff. Better to be paranoid than dead!
In a nutshell, always be thankful that you can live another day. It’s alright to look a little crazy when you are in suspicion. Share some precaution tips with us by commenting! And remember to share this post to your girlfriends, sisters, mothers, grandmothers, great-grandmothers, aunties, grand aunties, maybe even your little baby sister.