Monday, January 16, 2012

Bienvenido & Welcome to Buenos Aires, Argentina (Part 1)

In conjunction with MYC! News' upcoming issue for February 2012, we share the experience of one of our contributors who loves to travel around the world. Here he shares about his recent trip to Buenos Aires, Argentina, and some travel tips you'll find useful. Enjoy!

***

I always believe that travelling around the world will get you motivated, inspired by others because you will have the chance to learn their culture, language and get to see people that come from different walks of life. Meeting with other people such as backpackers will allow you to share your experience and listen to theirs which will inspire you.


Sky’s the limit; always grab the chance to travel when you are young so that you can gain tremendous experience that will help you to be a better person. I’ve went to many places around the world and managed to conquered 6 continents at the age of 22. My last trip was at Buenos Aires, Argentina which I went there for 10 days last 18th December 2011.

I went there on my own and took Malaysia Airlines from Sibu to Kuala Lumpur then to Cape Town and to Buenos Aires. Total flight was roughly almost 30 hours plus the transit. Unfortunately, I was stranded in Cape Town on the 30th December  on my way back to Sibu due to there is a problem at the aircraft and I have to overnight in Cape Town, there again, I managed to see the well known Table Mountain in South Africa.


Buenos Aires (BsAs), Argentina is known as the Paris of South America because of its building structure, charming mix of tree-lined streets, high fashion and history. There are a lot of things you can do in Buenos Aires, exploring the city itself and feel the atmosphere; the spirit of Argentine is a satisfaction for me. I am truly impressed with the people here, they are warm and friendly.


***

Stay-tuned to Part 2 for 10 useful travel tips to Buenos Aires!

2 comments:

  1. Sibu?
    If your hometown is in Sibu, want to write about our state? ;)
    I am from Kuching, by the way :D

    - Sharifah

    ReplyDelete
  2. To me, there was some information that was very important before coming to BA. For instance, how was the drinking law:
    The legal age for purchase and consumption of alcoholic beverages is 18 in Argentina, and proof of age is almost never required, meaning that teenage travelers may have easy access to alcohol. Alcohol is available for purchase in grocery stores and convenience stores, and virtually all restaurants serve wine and beer, if not hard liquor. Drinking on the street and in parks is allowed. I was lucky since I had an Argentine roommate in the apartment for rent in buenos aires I got that gave me all the data. Now, I´m passing it to you!

    ReplyDelete