Friday, October 14, 2011

Shoe Fetish

Like it or not, art, ladies and gentlemen, plays a huge part in our lives. No, I'm not talking merely about designing clothes for scrawny models to wear as they strut their stuff on the catwalk or dotting your painted fingernails with flower patterns and diamante or splurging your hard-earned cash on tattoos that stretch from your face to the tip of your toes.

Consider for a moment the idea of wearing art on your feet. 

Freaky art.

Picture taken from here
Smell something fishy? Nah, those are just flip-flops. Creative but disgusting flip-flops. Imagine going to a wet market in those babies. Gulps.

Picture taken from here
I can't really make up my mind what are those colourful things wrapped around the spiked bit of the heels, but it sure looks like satin roses to me. And you know, as weird as it might look, I kinda like these!

Photo taken from here
O-kay. Now this is the epitome of all things creepy. It freaks me out a little - imagine someone in the park jogging past you in shoes like these.

Photo taken from here
Slides! The design is ingenious and I especially like the colour coordination, although how someone could wear something like that and not fall down and break their necks is beyond me.

Picture taken from here
Like there's not enough rats occupying the drains and sewers, they need to have shoes the shapes of rats as well. Most people I know wouldn't even want to be associated with a rat, let alone wear one. Ew.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaaa.fancy wearing the unimaginable, horrible footwears ugh..but I like it..

    ReplyDelete