Friday, August 12, 2011

Nails

I visited Katy Perry's blog the other day and saw a couple of posts that inspired my topic for today: NAILS! Or to be more precise, fingernails! Although I'm not really particular about her fashion sense, her nail arts are a different story all together.

Gone are the days that nails are merely painted. These days people do weirdly amazing (sort of an oxymoron, I know, but still) stuff with their nails, and I don't mean merely adding another hue or some sparkly bits - I'm talking about the whole shebang: cute portraits, tiny plastic objects. Hence, Katy Perry's nails.


Photo taken from here
Not only can you eat sushi - you can even put them on your nails these days. They kinda look like an intricately painful process. I wonder how Katy gets around having to last one whole day taking extra care not to mess up her nail decos.


Photo taken from here
A tribute to the new Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, her nails are adorned with pictures of Prince William and Kate Middleton. In all its eccentricity, it's a rather patriotic gesture from the Fireworks chanteuse who's married to comedian Russell Brand.


Photo taken from here
The Smurfs! There's one of Papa Smurf, another of Brainy Smurf and then a few of Smurfette, of which she provided the voice for in the upcoming movie, The Smurfs. Check out also the premiere of the movie where she wore a Smurfette dress here.


Photo taken from here
Some say gumball, some say sprinkles...to each your own, I guess. But they are pretty, are they not? An explosion of colours at the least expected places. But the amount of glue used to stick all those mini ball-thingies together shouldn't be all too good for the nails in the long run.


Photo taken from here
Mr. Katy Perry himself! Oh, err, I mean, Russell Brand. This was before they actually got hitched anyway. First glance, though, I thought they were of the lead singer from The Rasmus, Lauri Ylonen and I thought to myself, why on earth...? This particular thought was followed by whoops, that's Russell! That said, there's a resemblance, no?


Photo taken from here
Ahh, Halloween! Every ghoulie's favourite time of the year! The coolest thing to do next to dressing up as a ghoul/witch/spaceman/vampire/Freddy Kruger at a costume party is to wear Halloween on your nails  :)

P/S: The art of having individual art for every nail is called 'Minx'. Basically, rather than nail polish, heavy-duty stickers are put on your nails. These stickers are usually personalized graphics with photo-quality designs said to last for about 4-8 days. And in Malaysia (especially in Malaysia) I don't think they come cheap anyway. And just FYI, I heard they're available at Bangsar Village 2  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment